Saturday 27 June 2009

Music and Me - thank you Michael

Unless you've been isolated from technology and people the past 48 hours you will know that the world has lost one of it's greatest entertainers.  It seems as though the world has gone crazy... social network sites, twitter, news websites all struggling under the weight of people wanting to share their feelings on this tragic event.  The news channels are barely covering any other story...

For me the death of Michael Jackson is a reminder of my youth.  I was one of those big fans with the albums, the scrapbooks, (and yes I admit it - a mini-shrine on the top shelf of my wardrobe).  I watched the videos over and over to learn the dance routines and I'd espouse how wonderful Michael was to all that would listen.

When the news came through that he'd been rushed to hospital - I sat glued to the news channels monitoring for the latest.  I prayed that he was pulling the greatest publicity stunt of all time, yet somehow knew that wasn't the case.  It seems quite irrational that I can shed tears for a man I never knew... yet I did then and I do now.  That is the power of music - may the world long remember him for it.


We've been together for such a long time now
Music, music and me
Don't care whether all our songs rhyme
Now music, music and me

Only know wherever I go
We're as close as two friends can be
There have been others
But never two lovers
Like music, music and me

Grab a song and come along
You can sing your melody
In your mind you will find
A world of sweet harmony

Birds of a feather will fly together
Now music, music and me
Music and me
 RIP Michael - you live on for us, your fans.


3 comments:

Claire Agutter said...

Hello Imp

Sorry to post a comment that's nothing to do with your post, but I can't find a way to contact you directly via the site.

I wanted to let you know I've launched a networking group for women in Service Management (search for ITIL Women) on www.linkedin.com. It will provide a forum for discussion, networking and sharing of experiences.

I hoped you might like to join.

Kind Regards

Claire Agutter

Unknown said...

Yes, i have been watching Michael as a kid and still can't believe about his death. anyways he has left his masterpieces with us. thanks

Communication Questionnaire

Unknown said...

Booktrainings is leading company for PMP and ITIL training. This blog is also useful for ITIL preparation.

ITIL Training

Post a Comment