Friday 8 May 2009

Influence and Muckety Maps

I first became familiar with influence maps when I read about them on the Mind Tools website and it wasn't until last year that I really put it into practice.  It proved to be a very a useful technique to help me manage stakeholder relationships in my new project management role.

Whlist browsing the web today I came across a website called 'Muckety.com - Exploring the paths of power and influence' which actually maps out relationships between people and organisations doing some of the leg work for you.  Admittedly it is more of a novel way of viewing networks than true stakeholder management (although for political people there are indications as to whether someone supports or opposes the person) but it is pretty interesting none the less.  Today their front page poses the question Do ties between Apple, Google pose antitrust issues? with a muckety map showing what appears to me to be a possible conflict of interests with the directors... You can even create your own...fun stuff!


0 comments:

Post a Comment